Welcome to my blog!

UPDATE: Mediafire have suspended my account and locked my downloads. Having endured the tedium of re-uploading everything I had previously hosted on Mega Upload onto Mediafire earlier this year, I can't be arsed re-uploading everything again.

So please don't ask for things to be reuploaded!

I undertake this venture knowing that I don't have the spare time to do it, but feel that these artists NEED TO BE HEARD (please excuse my shouting!). Or is that I think I need to be heard? Or that there are (or have been) some great music blogs that have inspired me to wanna jump on the bandwagon? Probably all of the above??I hope you enjoy the blog. If I turn one person onto these bands that turned me on then it will all have been worth it!

Saturday, August 18, 2012

More Go-bees goodness



Here's another very cool Go Betweens soundboard recording from the mid-80s that's recently emerged seemingly outta nowhere.

This features many of the classic older songs that they stopped playing in later years, as well as an early version of  In The Core Of A Flame, released on the following years classic Liberty Belle and the Black Diamond Express - in some peoples opinion (including mine) the best Go-bees album. This recording also features lesser known b-sides Just Right For Him (dedicated to legendary Aussie pub rockers Mental as Anything) and Rare Breed.

As mentioned previously, I'm a sucker for narratives and spoken word lyrics, and this recording features one of the best examples of the "genre", the awesome, River Of Money - though I could have done without the repeated emphasis of the syllables of the word repossessed - superb on the album version, but losing it's grandeur when repeated ten or so times in a row as on this recording!

But don't let this minor quibble affect put you off downloading this awesome recording!

The Go Betweens - 1985-12-02 - The Cricketers Arms Tavern, Wellington, New Zealand

01. Cattle And Cane
02. Part Company
03. Unkind & Unwise
04. On My Block
05. Just Right For Him
06. Bachelor Kisses
07. Rare Breed
08. Five Words
09. In The Core Of A Flame
10. Draining The Pool For You
11. That Way
12. People Say
13. A Bad Debt Follows You
14. Man O'Sand To Girl O'Sea
15. I Need Two Heads
16. Hammer The Hammer
17. River Of Money

FLAC: Pt1, Pt2, Pt3, Pt4, Pt5
MP3

No comments:

Post a Comment