Welcome to my blog!

UPDATE: Mediafire have suspended my account and locked my downloads. Having endured the tedium of re-uploading everything I had previously hosted on Mega Upload onto Mediafire earlier this year, I can't be arsed re-uploading everything again.

So please don't ask for things to be reuploaded!

I undertake this venture knowing that I don't have the spare time to do it, but feel that these artists NEED TO BE HEARD (please excuse my shouting!). Or is that I think I need to be heard? Or that there are (or have been) some great music blogs that have inspired me to wanna jump on the bandwagon? Probably all of the above??I hope you enjoy the blog. If I turn one person onto these bands that turned me on then it will all have been worth it!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

GW McLennan

Finally getting around to digitizing some of my VHS video collection. I'm not going to digitize all 30 cassettes though - if I can't find something on YouTube, then I'll digitize it!

First cab off the rank, the late great G Dubya Mc performing "Easy Come Easy Go" on Tonight Live with Steve Vizard in 1991.

Tonight Live was a blatant rip-off of The Late Show with David Letterman, right down to having a "top 7!" When Letterman finally started broadcasting into Australia, Vizard's gig was up, and he disappeared from public view, until being done for insider trading some years later!

Anyhow, enjoy the GW - what a sad loss.

3 comments:

  1. just lovely Ralph, many thanks!
    reckon that might be phil kakulas on the bass?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks bedlam. That is indeed Phil Kakulas on double bass. Takes me back to 1991 when I saw GW and Phil play the Tivoli in Adelaide to an intimate crowd of 50 or so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bugger it! I should've known that was Phil Kakulas on double bass. I used to have some video footage of him as part of The Blackeyed Susans Trio.
    Here's all I could find:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5L2PZTsB_dk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoMgY3RokqM

    ReplyDelete